Contribute  :  Web Resources  :  Past Polls  :  Site Statistics  :  Downloads  :  Forum  
    BiW ReversingThe challenge is yours    
 Welcome to BiW Reversing
 Saturday, October 01 2022 @ 04:08 AM CEST
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NewBie: Getting Started

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> N2C Member Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: NewBie: Getting Started Reply with quote

Hello all brothers,
As im a newbie in the world of reverse engineering and soft cracking etc... i want to learn all those terms which u guys use in between cracking softwares so that i can have a idea and learn... like Peid and OEM and break point and all that stuff which i cant rememebr im really a beginner... so can i find any tutorial from which i can learn from A to z... OHH yes one thing is there any one who can publish an tutorial abt how to unpack fsg 1.33 packed file manually and fsg 2.0 packed file by bart ... i have downloaded ollydbg...
thanks bros..
luv ya'll
joey
thorpe
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PEiD detects packer signatures so you can tell if the executable is crypted/packed with commercial software. OEM = original equipment manufacturer, but i think you meant to type OEP which is the original entry point. This is the location where the original code of the program is after the decryption/unpacking code of a commercial protection. A breakpoint allows you to stop execution of code at a certain location - you set breakpoints then trace/step to follow the code and see what exactly is happening in the code.

In regards to unpacking FSG, I think you should first focus on learning some more assembly and start attacking crackmes and commercial software(s) which have tutorials for them. Unpacking is a whole new realm which requires quite a bit of knowledge of assembly code. Any more questions feel free to ask.
joey
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Thank You Thorpe Reply with quote

Dear Thorpe,
Thank you alot for taking time for me to reply of my message... im thankful of u...and yes u are rite i meant to say OEP hehe as im newbie so i didnt know its exact name.. so do u have any good tutorial abt Assembly? or i can google...
thanks alot...
Joey
modchip
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good start for assembly would be to go for Iczelions tutorials.

After that, and a lot of practice, go get the Lena Series, it's one of the best cause you visually learn from it, you could also get tKC's collection and Krobar's archives (so many tutorials here, which is divided into sections).

Best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> N2C Member Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: