Contribute  :  Web Resources  :  Past Polls  :  Site Statistics  :  Downloads  :  Forum  
    BiW ReversingThe challenge is yours    
 Welcome to BiW Reversing
 Wednesday, August 17 2022 @ 08:51 PM CEST
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

n2c-dhx.cme.1 needs to be replaced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> N2C Member Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosh
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: n2c-dhx.cme.1 needs to be replaced Reply with quote

Hi. I'm a systems programmer (never done any cracking before). I thought it might be fun to do some of this stuff over the holidays.

I decided to try my hand at a 'crackme', so I downloaded the zipped archive of tutorials, and picked n2c-dhx.cme.1 at random.

I believe there is a problem in this program, caused by the text box, which loses the value of unprintable ascii characters required by the correct serial key.

I found the correct serial to be (in hex):
05,25,24,13,34,32,09,33,0E,2F,77,04,25,24,1F,24,29,28,75,78,00

However several of these characters (for example the first character) cannot be entered in the text box of the program.

If I use the numpad to type in the decimal ascii code, the text box represents the character as a question mark. I have confirmed that the value is being lost. As far as I can tell, it's impossible to enter the correct serial key.

Is there some other way to enter these characters that I'm not familiar with? or does this crackme need to be replaced?

Cheers,
C0SH
parabytes
Frequent poster
Frequent poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this (and another release by myself) suffer from the same problem of an imperfect (and that's an understatement) algorithm which makes it unsolveable...

Sorry, but dihux had recently retired, so even if I'd like to replace it, I couldn't.

However, the point of a crackme is not to get the "Good boy" message, is it? Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> N2C Member Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: