Saturday, September 08 2007 @ 09:06 AM CEST Contributed by: viruset56 Views: 4962
Level : 1/10 OS : windows Language : C
- Add 2 new sub menu-items under the menu-item 'File'.
- Call one of them 'Info'.
- The other one 'hide'.
- Add a seperator between 'hide' and 'exit'.
- Make the 'Info' button display an alert(OK button) with the text "Net Force Reverse Engineering Challenge".
- Disable the 'hide' button so you can't click it anymore and it's gray.
- Change the text "Hello World!" into "Reverse Engineering is cool!".
- Write a full tutorial on how you did it.
- Patch hello.exe and make everything work.
Monday, May 28 2007 @ 10:34 PM CEST Contributed by: tanatos Views: 3777
Level : beginner
OS : windows Language : C (VC6)
This is a code example on how to get some basic information about the system you are working on.It can also be extended , a real-time memory watcher can be added with just creating a thread.Enjoy.I hope the code talks for itself.
Friday, February 09 2007 @ 01:33 PM CET Contributed by: Devoney Views: 20628
Level : newbie
You all probably know about the windows file protection? No? Let me explain. The files in the directory system32(or system) are critical for windows. Therefore, windows has it own file protection system managed by sfc.exe. (Start -> Run -> cmd.exe -> sfc.exe and you see its parameters). This file is activate during windows. It checks if the files are the original ones, otherwise, the not original files get replaced by the original ones.