Contribute  :  Web Resources  :  Past Polls  :  Site Statistics  :  Downloads  :  Forum  
    BiW ReversingThe challenge is yours    
 Welcome to BiW Reversing
 Tuesday, November 30 2021 @ 01:20 AM CET
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is this code?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> Code Reversing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q235
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Where is this code? Reply with quote

Hi, I hope this can be asked here. Can anyone suggest how to find the registration routine for an app such as:
Code:
hxxp://troubadour-karaoke.com/download/tkhe.zip

None of the .dll's or .ax files contain "Invalid registration code" or any similar text strings. Is the registration handled entirely by a third-party library like mscoree.dll or something? And how can this be debugged using OllyDbg? Any hints would be great, thanks.
DaXXoR
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Forum Rules Reply with quote

I see you posted this before the official rules came out. Unfortunately the forum can't really help you here.

7) No (requests for) warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content! No request for helping you to crack commercial software. Links to pages that feature the abovementioned content are prohibited as well. If you are unsure if something you want to post is allowed, please turn to one of the moderators prior to posting.

I have taken a look at your file though. It takes it one step further than string references Very Happy. AIM or PM me and I can tell you how this guy works.
Q235
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Where is this code? Reply with quote

Aaaah, thanks. I figured it was off-topic, but thought maybe I could sneak it in. Smile
Fredro
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing is to find a tutorial nearly with the same protection, maybe that can be a hint on the way..

/Fredro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> Code Reversing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: