Contribute  :  Web Resources  :  Past Polls  :  Site Statistics  :  Downloads  :  Forum  
    BiW ReversingThe challenge is yours    
 Welcome to BiW Reversing
 Saturday, December 03 2022 @ 02:35 PM CET
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VisualBasic 6 Cracking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> Code Reversing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHat
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: VisualBasic 6 Cracking Reply with quote

I dont know anything about VB6 cracking. I have a program written in VB6 with serial protection on startup. I dont know how but the program create a unique machine code like this |##|######|##| and asks for a serial based on this code. After serial input the program must restart to check if serial is ok. Obviously the comparison take place at the beginning of the code but...as i said i am immaterial on VB6. Any suggestions?
Chronix
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not up on vb cracking i suggest using smartcheck from numega for cracking vb although if i remember right it needs to be setup correctly.
WhiteHat
New to the board
New to the board

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try witrh smartcheck, but i got nothing because of the wrong settings
bengunn
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: vb Reply with quote

Not much different to approach you would use on any non-packed target and assuming its not p-code, disassemble it, if you find nothing you see as useful then monitor where its saving registration details and bp on appropriate api's when the app reads them at startup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.reversing.be Forum Index -> Code Reversing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: